- Is your child struggling in school and want to determine if he or she has a disability?
- Do you disagree with the school's initial evaluation or reevaluation of your child?
- Are you in disagreement with the type of education your child is receiving at school?
- Perhaps you feel your child is gifted and needs to be challenged?
Parents trust us to provide the most comprehensive and objective evaluation of their child because our assessments directly answer the parent's concerns and we provide specific recommendations that can help their child succeed. Our goal is to provide the most accurate picture of your child's learning profile so that you and the school district know how to best help your child. Our services get to the root of the issue and determine if your child has a disability (or is gifted). We offer every evaluation needed under one roof; this allows us to compare our test results and provide a holistic and accurate analysis that target the real issues with meaningful recommendations that make a difference! Our experts have extensive history working with children of various disabilities and know the best methods of assessing students, personalizing interventions, and finding the resources to help your child succeed in school and life!
*Interesting Fact! If a parent disagrees with their child’s evaluation conducted by the school district, then that parent has the legal right to request an independent educational evaluation from the school district, according to Code of Federal Regulations 300.502 (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act). In fact, the parent can choose Leonard Educational Evaluations (even if we are not on the school district's list of providers) to conduct the second opinion evaluation. So contact us now and we will guide you in the best direction and let you know how to obtain an educational evaluation at little to no cost to you!
"He was extremely helpful in reviewing my son's educational records,
observing him in the school setting, and providing a detailed, knowledgeable, and
objective expert opinion on my son's program and educational needs. This has
helped us tremendously in working towards an appropriate IEP..." -Ginny (Parent)
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of services do you offer?
- Independent Educational Evaluations
- Independent Child Study Team Evaluations
- Independent Multidisciplinary Evaluations
- Psychoeducational Evaluation
- Special Education Evaluations
- Gifted Evaluations
- Second Opinion Evaluations
- Early Intervention Evaluations
- School/Program Placement Comparative Evaluations
- IEP Expertise
- 504 Plan Expertise
- Mental Health Assessments / Clearing At-Risk Students to Return to School
- Behavioral Management
- Preschool or Daycare Evaluations
- Child Study Team Evaluations
- Multidisciplinary Evaluations
What types of tests and evaluations are offered?
- Psychological (Cognitive, Social, Emotional, Behavioral, Adaptive)
- Learning Evaluation (Academic skills such as math, reading, writing, listening, oral expression, dyslexia symptoms)
- Social History Assessment
- Speech and Language Evaluation
- Occupational Therapy Evaluation
- Physical Therapy Evaluation
- Augmentative Communication/Technology Evaluation
- Functional Behavioral Analysis (FBA) and Behavioral Intervention Plans (BIP)
- Transitional/Vocational Evaluation (Post-Secondary, Employability, and Independent Living)
How can these services potentially help my child?
- Gain Access to special education or gifted education services
- Receive an IEP
- Receive a 504 plan
- Customized accommodations, modifications, and instructional interventions
- Personalized IEP goals to address your child's weaknesses in school
- Receive related services, such as speech/language therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, etc.
What is special about this company?
- Yes, we are a state approved clinic that your child's school district will accept to provide independent educational evaluations & child study team evaluations.
- We are ethical, honest, and stand by our evaluation. You can interpret our evaluations with confidence
- Our evaluations are comprehensive and objective, which means you can be assured our evaluations will answer your questions.
- Recommendations can include customized IEP goals, specific accommodations, and targeted instructional interventions that can be implemented.
- We care about your child. Our goal is to do the best job possible by thoroughly evaluating him or her so that we are able to answer your questions and provide recommendations that are accurate and specific.
- We are trusted and respected by parents because our evaluations are comprehensive, objective, clearly communicated, and help bring clarity to the main issues with realistic solutions.
- We can complete our evaluations in a matter of days/weeks.
- We can provide evaluations to students with various disabilities, including those who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind, or speak a foreign language.
- We are always here for you and respond immediately. Whether it is to return a phone call or email, clarify and issue, bring you up to date, or to answer a general question long after you have used our services.